Friday, February 1, 2008

Weird weather

I now know why people in the midwest talk about the weather all the time. Because many of us in the northern parts come from this weird land where the weather changes every 5 minutes. For real, every 5 minutes. In the midwest we say, "don't like the weather today, it'll change tomorow." But, today, I have seen the weather change every time I look out the window. How weird!

When I went to bed last night, it was snowing. So, I figured that there would be snow on the ground this morning, but nope, no snow. Then as I looked out my window while eating breakfast, I noticed that it had started to snow, in big flakes. But then, after breakfast, I looked up, and opp! no snow, but now rain. Oh joy, I love rain with snow. But, then, by the time I left my apt, it was no longer raining. But, never fear, it started to rain as I was walking (or rather sliding on slush) all the way to work!

This afternoon I caught the weird weather in action! While at work, I looked out the window and massive flakes had started to come down. Yippee!! Snow!! I thought.


But, alas. It was not to be. This is the same view about a half hour later. Oh pooh. No more snow. At least the rain hasn't resumed.

Who knows what will happen next. Maybe the sun will come out and we'll have greatness. Oh, one could only hope! I do know one thing for sure though, we will have slush!

No comments: