Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Is this internship?

This internship is turning out to have all sorts of strange things, but not necessarily involving the church. Two weekends ago I was in Paris (yes, France! how cool) for the International Chruches youth conference. Fascinating to talk with all these youth who have lived all over the world and who move every 3-5 years. Their sense of home and community makes for unique ministry experiences.


When we arrived back to Oslo late Sunday night, one of the girls, who we knew was soon moving back to India, but she wasn't sure when, was greeted by her mom telling her that they were leaving for India on Tuesday! That was 2 days away!! One just feels helpless for these youth who move from place to place.

On a positive note, we can now drink our water in Oslo now drink our water in Oslo. Whenever I'm drinking a glass of water, though, I'm still a bit suspicious. Wondering if its supposed to taste like this.

Another weirdness in my life. Remeber that royal sighting a month or two ago? Well, it has now been topped! About 3 weeks ago, I went to see the Bourne Supremacy (not so supreme, seemed like it was mostly fighting and car chases) at my local movie theater.

Yes, this would be it. The Colosseum Kino.

Anyway, the crown Prince of Norway sat right behind me! Yes, one row back, about 2 seats over. It looked like he was just with 3 friends, maybe they were security, but it didn't look like it. I just wanted to stare at him the whole time. Weird.

I guess this is internship. I guess this is Norway!

No comments: