Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oops...

So, I have to boil my water, right? Well, sometimes its possible to forget that water is boiling away right in your very own kitchen, because, well, its quite quiet. Really it is, try it! As you have probably guessed by now, I forgot that I was boiling water last night. Oops! Suddenly, I heard the stove make some sort of noise and I remembered. "Shoot! I put water on to boil! How long ago was that? Shoot!"

Rushing into the kitchen, I walked into a sauna and was confronted with this lovely site. Steam had accumulated on the window and had converted my kitchen into a sauna.


Then, looking at my boiling water, I found none. Instead, I found this my recenlty new, but has now been 'gently used' pan. It was just shiny, bright and new a couple weeks ago!

I scrubbed the pot this morning and it looked better, but still smelled burnt. But, then I learned a secret at church this morning. If you boil some water and baking soda in the pot, it will take away the burnt smell and residue. Just don't forget that one is boiling water. I tried this this afternoon, and it seems to have worked. We'll see what happens when I actually use the pot with food!

1 comment:

Manda said...

I did this with one of our pots last year. I threw it away and I don't think I ever told you.