Thursday, April 24, 2008

Safe Return

I have returned to Oslo safe and healthy, at least for now. The trip to Ghana was fabulous and more. Words don't quite work in this situation. I met so many amazing and warm people, lived in hot hot hot weather, was dusty and dirty from the moment I stepped out of the shower, and even learned some Gonja.

I think I left part of my heart in Ghana, as I was ready to hop on the plane and return to Ghana as soon as I returned to Oslo. Ghana is quite developed and peaceful in comparison to many of its neighboring African countries, but the differences between Ghana and Norway are still quite glaring.

Its strange for me to walk down the street and see everything paved, and without the probability of running into a break in the concrete. Its strange to get in a car and have a smooth ride. Its strange that we don't all say hello to each other when we meet. Its strange to see so many new and overly expensive cars. This culture shock is harder than when I moved to Norway from the US.

I'll put up more later. Right now am too tired and too much that needs to get done here at church. We were mostly in Damongo, Northern Ghana. About 45 km west of Tamale, not far from Larabanga. We spent most of our time at Redemption Children's Home and New Life Prepatory School, among other things. Will share more later.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there any chance of you returning to Ghana as a pastor? Sounds like a very unique place. Happy Monday. Peder