Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reusable Fun

Many of you know that I hate brown. Whenever I am shopping, people will hold up some brown item of clothing or apparael and say, "oh this is nice". To which I usually reply, "yuck, its brown." or "Blah." Throughout my life, I have rejected the color brown. Well, surprise, surprise, I have bought something that is brown.


Well, my favorite store is called Uff! yes, as in Uff-da. It is run by an organization called Humana. The profits are supposed to support development projects in Africa (last year there was a bit of a controversy though. Uff is owned by a larger corporation, and supposedly most of the profits were going into the corporation and not to development.) While I hope this controversy has been resolved, I love this store because 1. almost all the clothes are bright colored and super fun. 2. They are reused / recycled clothes, so they are not creating more waste.


Humana, like Salvation Army, has several colection bins throughout Scandinavia. But, at Uff, almost all the clothes are from the 1970's period - how they get all these donated, I do not know. There are even several fur coats. It is also a great place to find real, but inexpensive norwegian sweaters. Many of the clothes even appear to be handmade. Plus, because they come from scandinavia, they fit me, for the most part!! Being a larger / taller than average person, regular clothes are often too short for me, or just fit weird. But, many of the clothes at uff! are just right! This is my favorite part!


Just thought I would share this randomness of my life here, plus, let you know that I am indeed broadening my horizons. Just wait til you see some of the other clothes I have purchased at Uff! They are not quite so brown.

2 comments:

Manda said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY! Finally you have made it to the luscious side of color. Welcome, and don't worry, your eyes will adjust.

Anonymous said...

AM I SURPRISED AT THE FASHION CHOICES OF ONE KRISTIN ENGSTROM????NOT!!! Not when clothes FIT!!!
BUT WHAT ABOUT SHOES????
ARE YOU BUYING SHOES????

NEW YEARS BLESSINGS from COLORADO!!! where snow has been on the ground since Thanksgiving!!!!!